Board Meeting Tuesday, January 12thJanuary 11th, 2016 at 12:28PM January 13th, 2016 7:47PM
LLHH Board of Directors Meeting Minutes - January 12., 2016
Present: Jeff Brown, David Hay, Ted Tracy, Heather Dhom, Dan Wellman, Steve Shepard, Deanna Sullivan
Meeting called to order by Jeff Brown at 6:08
Previous meeting minutes approved: Dhom motion, Shepard Second. Approved unanimously.
Treasurers Report presented by Ted Tracy:
1. Attendance - Through 1/11/16 the LLHH had seen 1,300 paid in attendance resulting in $3,200 in revenue. These numbers are similar to last season.
2. Sales had seen 630 Adults, 200 Seniors, and 450 Students.
3. Tracy presented and has totals for all current balances of the LLHH.
4. All dues have been paid by all teams.
5. A check in the amount of $38 was paid the Tracy for reimbursement for the making of keys and printing of game rosters.
6. A $1,600 payment was made to the IRS for a tax penalty that had been issued to the League for failure to file for previous years.
7. Ice time payments to the Nelson Center: November ($6,400) has been paid. Tracy asked for approval for the December ($5,565) payment. The motion was made by Wellman and seconded by Shepard, Passed Unanimously.
8. Tracy informed the Board that he needs Ice invoices from the area teams.
9. Hay asked for approval for the payment to the Announcer and Statistician for games they have worked so far at the rate of $25/game for both positions. Motion given by Wellman and seconded by Dhom. Passed unanimously.
10 Wellman made a motion to approve the Treasurer's Report. Seconded by Brown, Pass unanimously.
A discussion was held involving concerns that have been raised about some recent concussion/injury issues. The Board discussed and determined that it will communicate with each team's coaching staffs and the ice officials that there be a consistent focus on the following areas:
1. Infractions involving head contact, boarding, and checking from behind.
2. Actions that may involve an "intent to harm" as stated in the LLHH Rules.
The League will encourage individual teams to handle issues with players but reserves the right to intervene per League rules if issues are not appropriately resolved. This can include disciplinary actions against players and/or coaches.
The 2016 LLHH All-Star game will be moved from Feb. 19th to Feb. 24th due to possible conflict with the MOAM State Tournament. The format will involve players from the three Springfield area teams playing against the teams from Decatur, Bloomington, and Champaign. Six players will be selected from each team and four goalies from the League. The League will be pursuing a vendor to purchase jerseys from for the players.
All practices on Sunday, February 7th have been cancelled due to the Superbowl.
Playoff Rules were reviewed. The following changes were made:
1. All overtime periods in playoff games and the Championship game will be sudden death and 5 minutes.
2. The current shootout procedure will be followed after the first overtime in playoff games.
3. In the Championship Game, there will be no shootouts. The periods will be sudden death and occur as follows:
1st OT - 5 minutes of 5 on 5
2nd OT - 5 minutes of 4 on 4
3rd and subsequent OTs - 5 minutes of 3 on 3
tracy motion to approve, Shepard second. Pass unanimously.
Next Meeting: February 4, 2016 at 6:00. Location TBD.
Meeting dismissed at 7:10 pm